Creative specifications last updated: 17 December, 2021
The world of banner creation can be a confusing one. At Adcombi we work hard on developing tools that can make your banner ad life simple. In this article, we are going to explain how to deliver your creatives on our platform.
We have set up an HTML5 template creative set that you can use if you love hard-coding your own lightweight creatives. You can use it to see how the code should be set up. Just copy-paste what you need.
We have an integration with Bannerwise.io, a banner creation tool that makes it easy to create HTML5 banners. Quick and easy!
HTML5 Creative specs
Please find a HTML5 template creative set below for your reference
- The creatives should be fully clickable with a defined click tag: add <body style="cursor: pointer;" style="margin:0px;" onclick="adcombi.handleClick()"> to the index file.
- The click URL should not be embedded in the creative.
- The maximum duration of the animation for a creative is 30 seconds.
- The zip-file for one creative should not exceed 150kb.
- The asset path should be relative (<img src="images/my_image.jpg" /> or <img src="/images/my_image.jpg" />) if the files belong to the .ZIP file
- Make sure that the creatives are compatible with all browsers and devices.
- Creatives with a white background should have a distinguishing coloured border of 1 pixel.
- Send the combined files and folders in a zip file.
- Make sure that all dynamic elements are inan HTML5 element that has the same class and/or ID throughout all sizes.
- Creatives should be ordered and named as followed:
- All assets should be placed in the assets folder.
- Add get_variables.js (see example creative set) to the assets folder as well.
- Add the path for get_variables.js to the index file:
- Add <script>window.adcombi.getFeed(adcombi.feedUrl)</script> directly underneath the path from last step.
Dynamic creative specs
In case dynamic elements are added to the creatives follow the next steps.
- Please use the HTML5 creative specs as described above.
- Send a spreadsheet (XLS or CSV) or provide a JSON or XML URL with the elements to be used within the creatives.
- Make sure to define the dynamic areas (div’s) within the creatives in the following way: - class=”dynamicField”- id=”<make_a_unique_classname>”
- The dynamicField field and elements should match up in amount, size, and length. Make sure to check the length of the text fits in the dynamicField area.
- Please provide the logic for the dynamic elements. For Example: show the nearest dealer or random three products.
Multi location creative specs
Please use the HTML5 creative specs as described above to provide the creatives.
- Send the data feed in a spreadsheet (XLS or CSV) in the same way as the example files that are shared in the article: How to set up your location data feed
- Optional field can be added:
- budget for each location
- tracker URLs
- UTM tags
- text in creative for each dealer
- images (place as text in a column with the reference id. Example: 123.png for dealer with the same reference id)- etc.
- Send the zip file with the logos of all dealers. Use transparent PNG files. The filename should correspond to the reference_id of the dealer. Please use all images with the same dimension, all landscape or all portrait.
- Logos should not exceed 150kb.
- Define the dynamic areas (div’s) within the creatives in the following way:
- Adcombi cannot accept creatives that are not created according to the specifications. Adcombi, therefore, is not responsible for any delay in your campaign if this is the case.
- Creatives should be delivered no later than 5 working days prior to the start of the campaign
As long as the guidelines have been followed, Adcombi will have the campaign up and running within 5 working days.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager.